Thursday, February 5, 2015

M is for Multi-colored: Holographic Sunset Beach Nails

Today for the A2Z Challenge, we have M is for multi-colored. I've always wanted to do the sunset beach nails so I decided to try it and make them holographic!
 



I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow Matte and then put Glitter Gal Turbulence, a silver linear holographic, over all my nails. I just LOVE holographic polish!!




On order to create the gradient effect, I used OPI Big Hair ... Big Nails, OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear, and OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston. All three jelly polishes from the Texas Collection. I put them each down at a time and used the dry brush technique (where you get most of the polish off the brush except a little little bit and add to the nail to create the gradient).


Using Funky Fingers Black, I stamped the sun image from BM-01 and the palm tree image from B70 on my middle finger, put more palm trees on the other nails and for the accent ring finger, I used the full palm tree nail design from the Summerics Petla plate.

I really REALLY like how this one turned out! I may have to do a Youtube tutorial just so I can wear this look again! What do you think, would you like to see a tutorial?





No comments:

Post a Comment